We are seeking a Director, People for Garage Team Mazda. This is an exciting opportunity to advance the employee experience for approximately 120 full-time employees at Garage Team Mazda and partner closely with the leadership team developing our people strategies and practices. As a Director, People, this role will build, lead, and roll-out employee programs and practices while promoting an inclusive environment including leading our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Employee Resource Group. This is a hands-on leadership role touching all aspects of People Management and Operations. This role will report to the Chief Executive Officer of Garage Team Mazda.
Garage Team Mazda offers a flexible working environment which is a blend of onsite work (two days in office) to allow for purposeful collaboration, community and connectivity with colleagues.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Acts as a trusted advisor and business partner to the Leadership Team
- As People Lead for GTM, partner with WPP's People cross-functional teams to operationalize WPP People initiatives
- Oversee recruitment and staffing efforts to attract, recruit and retain top talent
- Ensure visibility, access and successful utilization of both WPP and GTM programs and initiatives including performance management, learning & development, DE&I, system implementations, etc.
- In partnership with WPP Workday team, lead Workday implementation as HCM lead for GTM
- Lead processes such as annual compensation planning, performance management, succession management, and Employee Satisfaction Survey analysis and action planning, etc.
- Evaluate and refresh current employee policies, practices and offerings with a focus on inclusivity and well-being
- Federal and state employment law compliance
- Manage employee relations and investigations
- Develop rewards and recognition programs
- Manage, mentor and develop GTM's People Team
- Define and monitor People Team goals
- Develop employee communications
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Minimum 6-8 years HR leadership experience developing and leading complex, cross-functional HR solutions in a generalist capacity
- Working knowledge of Federal and California state employment law
- Experience working in complex matrix organizations
- Experience working in a digital or marketing/advertising agency preferred
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items, driving them to completion
- Entrepreneurial mindset: a hands-on leader who can roll-up their sleeves and wear multiple hats in order to drive initiatives to completion
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with effective messaging across varying audiences (internal leadership teams, employee groups, etc.)
- Thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment and comfortable with quickly changing priorities.
- Able to quickly establish trust and credibility with internal partners, stakeholders, and network partners
- Persuasive, proactive, strong presence
- Workday experience desirable
Garage Team Mazda is an Equal Opportunities Employer. At GTM we believe that diversity is critical to our ability to do the best work for our client and we are focused on fostering an inclusive work environment/culture. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need, and require an accommodation throughout the hiring process, please let us know.