Manager - Human Resources
To manage the total Human Resources function within the Company. Includes responsibility for the implementation of Company personnel policies, procedures, and programs involving employee relations as well as the selection, training, protection, compensation, motivation, and effective utilization of Company employees to meet short- and long-term Company requirements and to maintain a positive union-free employee relations environment. Our employees are our most valuable resource. This role must convey that sentiment and integrate fully with how this drives our culture.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB:
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Employee Relations
- Implements Company policies and procedures to ensure a positive employee relations environment. Monitors and reviews all policies and procedures to ensure uniform and fair application as well as regulatory compliance; propose changes to policies as needed.
- Develops, coordinates, and monitors employee communications programs to enhance a positive work environment. Directs publication of Company newsletter. Maintains bulletin boards and electronic boards. Maintains employee suggestion system. Conducts an employee engagement survey every two years. Coordinates community affairs events supporting the company initiatives.
- Maintains a close contact with all employees to stay abreast of employee concerns and needs, acts as advocate of the employees, provides information to employees, and keeps the management team updated.
- Safety and Loss Prevention
- Attends safety meetings. Coordinates and directs required testing programs. Maintains required safety records such as OSHA logs. Interfaces with industrial health care provider to administer hearing and other testing as necessary.
- Communicates with the Company's insurance carrier for the processing of workers' compensation claims.
- Performance Management and Compensation
- Coordinates the Company's wage and salary administration program to ensure equitable and consistent pay practices. Coordinates with third parties on annual wage and salary surveys. Recommends changes to pay ranges and the wage/salary review table matrix to meet employee needs and area competitive requirements.
- Develops and maintains position descriptions and position evaluations.
- Coordinates the annual and new employee performance appraisal programs.
- Monitor and track employee absence issues and follow-up with progressive discipline as needed.
- Administers the Company's employee benefits programs including health, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, disability, pension, and 401(k) plans. Recommends changes in benefits to meet employee needs and area competitive requirements.
- Develops and maintains effective benefit communication programs to ensure that employees are properly informed about benefit programs. Maintains Summary Plan Descriptions and benefits booklets. Oversees annual benefit renewal and open enrollment.
- Provides for the review of all Unemployment Compensation claims and the filing of appeals and appearance at hearings in efforts to contain costs.
- Staffing and Manpower Planning
- Directs all employment efforts including recruiting, advertising, agency contacts, and interviewing, screening, and testing of all applicants for employment. Assures compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity regulations. Works closely with management regarding upcoming staffing needs and succession planning.
- Conducts new employee orientations by ensuring completion of all required paperwork, overview of company policies and procedures, and coordinates onboarding meetings with key functions of the Company.
- Training and Development
- Assists management in coordinating activities/opportunities for employees to improve knowledge and skills by assessing employee needs, communicating training offerings and participation, coordinating tuition reimbursement and job posting programs, and conducting new employee orientation.
- Assists with the Talent Development Program (TDP). Coordinates all in-plant and out-of-plant training programs.
- Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Program
Assists management to ensure the effective utilization of all available resources by identifying EEO needs/opportunities, establishing staffing goals, annually renewing and reporting of the Affirmative Action Program, and monitoring/communicating AAP results and progress. Represents the Company in dealing with local, state, and federal EEO agencies.
- Employee Services and Events
Supervises and administers employee programs including Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Employee Recognition Day program, Scholarship Program, the Company picnic, holiday food baskets, and others.
- Personnel Files and Information System Data
Manages the administration of a comprehensive personnel information data base by inputting employee data; maintains employee data on current basis; maintains safety and loss prevention records, including OSHA log, insurance carrier correspondence, and original accident reports; and maintains and ensures the confidentiality of personnel, medical, and benefit files. Initiate efforts to move towards a paperless system.
- Community Relations and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Coordinates all community relations projects and programs.
- Participates in appropriate Human Resources/industry associations including CUE, SHRM, and MEA.
- Direct Supervision
Directly supervises and coordinates the work of immediate subordinate. Ensures that prescribed schedules are followed; allocates work and assists in training personnel. Performs annual performance appraisals of immediate subordinate. Makes recommendations for amounts of annual salary/wage increases and profit-sharing distribution within established guidelines.
Performs additional duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years' experience in Human Resources management.
- SHRM professional certification required.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred but not required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Solid presentation, interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Experience in a family-owned, non-union, manufacturing environment with 100 - 250 employees preferred.
Friday, November 11, 2022