The University of New Mexico's Division of Human Resources is seeking an HR Analyst for the Benefits & Employee Wellness department to provide leave and disability benefits administration to UNM employees. The HR Analyst provides centralized Family and Medical Leave administration, short and long-term disability processing, and coordination of other leave benefits offered by UNM. The HR Analyst responds to employee requests and addresses inquiries received from employees, managers, and supervisors and utilizes UNM systems for tracking leave requests and use. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of professionalism, possess the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, have the flexibility to easily adapt to changing priorities, and desire to engage in new opportunities to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Determines employee eligibility for FMLA and UNM specific related leaves
• Administers short-term disability and long-term disability
• Provides accurate information to employees regarding leave eligibility and employee responsibilities before and during their leave
• Accountable for day-to-day administration of FMLA, short-term and long-term disability and other leave benefits
• Provides education to employees, managers, and HR liaisons about FMLA and University specific leave processes, and policy and regulatory requirements
• Responds to employee, supervisor, and manager inquiries regarding UNM leave benefits
• Responsible for leave administration including compliance, process, documentation, employee/manager inquiries, reporting, and escalated employee issues
• Compiles data and prepares reports on employee leave status and utilization of leave program
• Coordinates with other University departments to ensure FMLA and University specific leave processes are administered correctly
• Ensure compliance with FMLA and other state and federal laws and regulations and ensure UNM specific leave benefits are administered in accordance with University Administrative Policies
See the Position Description for additional information.
Conditions of Employment
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service in a high paced, complex environment
Experience administering FMLA and other leave benefits in the higher education setting or with a large, complex employer
Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Banner or similar systems
Strong Microsoft Excel and data analysis skills
Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
Strong communication skills including written, verbal and listening skills
Campus Main - Albuquerque, NM
Department HR Benefits (730B2)
Employment Type Staff
Staff Type Regular - Full-Time
Term End Date
Pay $3,165.07 - $4,423.47 Monthly
Benefits Eligible This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
ERB Statement Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.
Background Check Required Yes
For Best Consideration Date 11/14/2022
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application. Include a cover letter that demonstrates and provides specific examples of how you meet the preferred qualifications for this position.
The University of New Mexico has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement for UNM students and employees. For detailed information, visit https://bringbackthepack.unm.edu/vaccine/vaccine-requirement.html
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.