Monro, Inc. is one of the nation's largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry-Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we're currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro - Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America's leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We're looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! - Your career is here.
Position Summary: The Human Resources Business Partner has an integral role in creating a "Leading with Respect Culture" and leverages cross functional partnerships to foster a positive workplace environment through employee communication and engagement. The HRBP's focus is to deliver value-added service to management team in alignment with organizational business objectives. This position is responsible for maintaining an effective level of business acumen to support leaders in cultivating an industry leading employment experience for teammates and a trusted business advisor that is aligned with business operations to help provide support as needed to achieve shared results.
As our HR Business Partner, you will be required to:
Strategic HR Partner to align talent management practices, workforce effectiveness, and/or organizational effectiveness strategies in support of Monro's strategy and purpose.
Understand the business and the broader organization's goals and challenges to effectively provide solutions and advise on talent strategies and initiatives.
Forward-thinking, possess and influence a growth mindset, promote an inclusive and equitable environment, and contribute to a positive employee experience.
Provide effective coaching and guidance for leaders through significant change, complex employee relations issues, performance management, career development, employee engagement and experience.
Build strong relationships by demonstrating trust, integrity, dedicated work ethic, ownership and accountability.
• Ability to understand the business and proactively identify and address points of teammate dissatisfaction to continuously improve the teammate experience and increase teammate retention
• Develop and implement employee engagement strategies and culture change initiatives in partnership with the HR team and business leaders to facilitate and conduct training programs, leader-led training modules for field partners.
Identify leadership and organizational development needs and create programs to help managers and teams grow.
• Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
• Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance; serve as conduit between corporate HR and field teammates to ensure clear, consistent and transparent communication through the organization
• Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
• Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
• Perform other related duties as assigned
The Human Resources Business Partner is an individual contributor to the Human Resources Team and regularly collaborates with other HRBP's and HR personnel within Monro. This position operates under the general direction of the Field Human Resource Director.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (HR or related field of study preferred), with a minimum of 5 years of Human Resources Generalist experience (multi-unit retail preferred) and a minimum of 3 years' experience resolving complex employee relations issues, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
SHRM/HRCI Certification strongly preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Expertise in managing performance improvement, employee investigations, and issue resolution, and facilitating difficult conversations
Ability to execute both operationally and strategically, problem solve, prioritize, and manage multiple projects and initiatives with competing deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to use HR experience and business knowledge to drive achievement of business goals
Demonstrated experience in coaching and influencing manager and senior level leadership
Ability to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals
Consult on developing appropriate employee relations programs to drive positive change.
Always demonstrate empathy especially when dealing with matters of diversity and inclusion.
Ability to consistently exhibit high levels of discretion, integrity, and confidentiality
Ability to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways and comfortable working in gray
Strong relationship building and change management skillset with operational business partners and other key company stakeholders that are required.
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams, both as a lead and a supporting team member.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and change focus quickly in a fast-paced environment to meet business needs and established deadlines
• Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
• Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors
• Excellent attention to detail, investigating experience, knowledge of the HR investigative process, managing case workload to resolve cases in a timely manner or achieve SLAs as outlined by HR.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment with exposure to automotive shop and warehouse environments when visiting field locations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, and fax machines. Position requires incumbent to see, hear, speak, and sit/stand for prolonged periods of time at a desk and working on a computer.
Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed.
Ability to travel to field locations 50% of the time.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Paid vacation
• Paid Holidays
Your next Destination!
At Monro we're committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. Our teammates receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers them to advance to the next level of their careers.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.