Primary function is to provide functional leadership in the HR areas of benefits administration, legal compliance, employee relations, and performance management. In addition, the position provides support in other HR functional areas and works closely with the Human Resources Director in developing, implementing, and evaluating ongoing Human Resources policies, programs, functions, and activities. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the onboarding process for new hires and COBRA administration.
- Administers benefit programs to include analysis and serving as a primary contact with providers to process enrollments and changes for various employee benefits. Assists Human Resources Director in negotiating and administering contracts with various benefit providers.
- Answers employee questions concerning benefits within designated scope of authority.
- Supports the administration of various employee benefit programs.
- Processes new hires, terminations, benefit changes, pay increases, status changes and other file maintenance on the HRIS.
- Maintains, tracks and files all current and terminated personnel records including all paper documents as well as electronic files including all required I-9 forms.
- Responsible for the maintenance of various databases, including applicant information to ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
- Completes verifications of employment on former and active employees.
- Responsible for exit interviews, terminations of benefit programs and record retention as prescribed by regulatory requirements.
- Processes and reconciles designated accounts as well as specific duties as related to various benefit plans including but not limited to insurance plans, 401k plan, and vendor payments.
- Prepares and distributes service awards, new hire welcome bags/materials, etc.
- Publishes, maintains, and modifies appropriate personnel manuals, employee directory, etc. as designated.
- Proactively manages employee relations through the development of strong working relationships. Counsels employees and supervisors to create a healthy work environment.
- As directed, participates in the investigation and resolution of ongoing employee relations problems, anticipates problems whenever possible, and develops, recommends, and initiates appropriate steps for resolution. May assist with disciplinary meeting and termination proceedings as needed.
- Maintains and expands knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations. Interprets appropriate laws and policies and advises management, employees, and retirees accordingly.
- Assist with the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures. Prepares and maintains employee handbook as needed.
- Maintains internal department procedures across all Human Resources functions.
- Supports the recruiting & selection process through efficient coordination with branch/department managers and Human Resources staff.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records including but not limited to medical files and supervisors' performance appraisals.
- Assists with the development of job descriptions for positions in the financial institution and conducts analyses to determine appropriate salary level in accordance with compensation guidelines and policy formulated by the Human Resources Department.
- Assists the Director in the daily administration of other Human Resources services as directed or assigned, including but not limited to recruitment and selection, promotions, transfers, performance evaluation, and employee relations in accordance with quality management principles and overall objectives of the organization.
- Performs any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Assist with worker's compensation claims, unemployment claims and retirement planning.
- Assist with monitoring performance management program; ensure goals and performance reviews are completed for all employees.
- Completes all EEO reports, salary surveys, compliance testing, and all other required reports. Ensure compliance with bank, federal and state regulations. Adheres to departmental and bank-wide service standards.
- Assist with maintain compliance with all applicable employment law posting requirements.
- Supports the interview and selection process by posting jobs in appropriate forums, screening resumes/applications, scheduling appointments and conducting pre-employment testing and background checks as needed.
- Assists educating employees on personnel policies and employee benefit programs as needed.
- Provides assistance to Human Resources personnel in other areas including but not limited to legal compliance, performance management, employee retention and recruitment.
- Also provides feedback on employee morale to the Human Resources Director.
- Assist department personnel with various projects and initiatives as designated.
- Performs any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related business field.
- Three to five years of exempt-level human resources experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of employment law and other issues relative to human resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Requires a significant level of diplomacy, tact and the ability to work effectively with both employees and managers.
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants and employees.
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Microsoft Publisher.
- Flexible to work outside of normal banking hours when necessary.
- Ability to handle and produce accurate work within a specified time frame.
- Demonstrates proficiency and commitment to excellence in performance of duties.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Occasional travel required.