Originally a YMCA, our hotel is housed in a 10-story Georgian revival-style structure with intriguing historical flair, located in the heart of the city's business district and less than one block from the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Striking features and architectural detail awaken the eye: a skylight allows for the play of natural light to our 75-foot central atrium courtyard, while an airy restaurant/bar with graceful archways and classic woodwork brings endless possibility.
Our associates receive a free hot meal per shift, discounted SEPTA passes, weekly treat carts, monthly General Manager Roundtables and a great referral program. The ability to travel expands as our associates can take advantage of the employee discounted travel rewards program. Come join our family at the Le Meridien Philadelphia!
Don't meet every single requirement of this job? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At HEI we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to still send in your information. You may be the perfect candidate for this or for other roles within our organization!
We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.Overview
Directs and ensures the efficient administration and management of the Human Resources function to include recruiting, training, wage/benefit administration, compliance with statutory requirements and the execution of associates relations activities, in order to provide each department with the personnel, guidance, and support necessary to achieve their guest service and business objectives. Responsibilities
- Assists in the development, implementation and administration of all Human Resource functions, including recruitment, training and development, benefit administration and associate relations activities, relating to all hotel personnel.
- Direct and instruct the management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques using methods such as verbal presentations and written directions to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified and efficient associates. Conduct interviews for all management positions and make hiring recommendations.
- Ensure that associates are developed and utilized to their maximum potential by controlling the implementation, administration and monitoring of all training programs.
- Monitor the associate performance appraisal programs. Read and analyze evaluations and goals to ensure appraisal comments are appropriate and goals are measurable and achievable. Direct and administer associate relations programs and activities such as associate recognition and service award ceremonies, social functions and general hotel meetings to maintain a positive associate relations climate.
- Develop, implement and administer policies and programs related to the management of all hotel personnel to ensure the maintenance of a positive and productive employment environment.
- Ensure compliance with all State and Federal laws and regulations which pertain to Human Resources by reviewing current management practices, implementing new procedures and communicating verbally and in writing any new requirements. Oversee compliance with Affirmative Action Plan.
- Provide assistance, guidance and counseling to the General Manager, management staff in order to maximize the quality and professionalism of the hotel staff by listening and interpreting concerns and objectives and seeking solutions.
- Control the administration of wages and benefits to ensure the accurate and equitable application of same, analyzing and applying information retrieved from moderately complex reports, manuals and/or computer systems.
- Manage all labor relations activities by administering union contracts and ensuring compliance. Respond to all grievances in writing, negotiate settlements and act as the hotel representative at all arbitrations. At applicable properties.
- Oversee pre-selection activities, including drug testing; reference checks, etc., to ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures. Ensure all new hires and existing associates possess proper employment eligibility verifications.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3+ Years of Human Resources experience preferably in Hospitality or similar industry.
- Ability to deal effectively with all applicants and associates, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures as well as considerable knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters.
- Ability to perform moderately complex calculations for salary and benefit administration and to forecast departmental expenses using a calculator and/or moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for a minimum of an eight hour shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to observe associates in the work place, analyze operations and detect situations of concern with regard to areas such as associate performance, grooming, training, policy adherence and morale.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical and Dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield as well as Vision insurance programs through EyeMed. Our Vacation, Sick and Holiday programs are available for you to rejuvenate with time off. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. Specific details and eligibility of these programs vary by location and employment status.
Work today, get paid today! We proudly partner with DailyPay, a voluntary benefit that allows our associates access to their earnings when they want them.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.