Rescue is a full-service marketing agency with a mission to make healthy behaviors easier and more appealing. Since our founding in 2001, Rescue has been exclusively focused on researching, developing, and implementing positive social change campaigns in public health. We provide research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to government, non-profit, and healthcare clients in over 35 states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
Rescue’s health behavior change marketing campaigns focus on topics such as tobacco, obesity, substance and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, eating healthy foods, early childhood development, and after school programs; and other topics that promote healthy living. Rescue’s behavior change campaigns focus on diverse populations within teen (13 - 17), young adult (18 - 26), and adult (18+) populations in both rural and urban areas, resulting in a wide variety of campaign styles and strategies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good, and we are looking for team members that are ready to work hard to create a healthier world.
We are looking for a dynamic, high performing Human Resources Business Partner with experience as a strategic partner and providing guidance and support on all HR-related matters.
- Develop and implement HR policies, programs, and initiatives that align with the organization's overall business strategy;
- Collaborate with other HR team members to ensure the delivery of comprehensive and effective HR services, including recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, and compliance;
- Support efforts to maintain employee files and records in compliance with legal requirements;
- Stay current on HR laws and regulations and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws related to human resources;
- Manage leaves of absence program and ADA Accommodation requests;
- Complete government paperwork including but not limited to disability benefits, paid family leave, or similar;
- Oversees the development and maintenance of affirmative action program;
- Lead and facilitate the process of all performance evaluations, including new hire evaluations, annual performance reviews, etc; track and monitor the completion of all performance reviews;
- Provide recommendations for compensation adjustments and promotions;
- Oversee job description development:
- Ensure job descriptions are signed and uploaded to the appropriate systems;
- Collaborate with managers and department leads on keeping job descriptions up to date;
- Provide coaching and mentoring to managers on performance management, career development, goal setting, and other HR-related topics;
- Promote updates and new features for the performance management system, Lattice;
- Lead the employee termination process;
- Provide guidance to managers and employees on employee matters and conflicts;
- Identify and resolve employee questions in a timely and efficient manner;
- Lead investigations and documentation into employee relations issues, including harassment and discrimination complaints, and provide guidance to managers and employees on conflict resolution.
- Drive employee engagement initiatives and activities, working closely with business leaders to create a positive work environment that fosters employee development and retention;
- Analyze and make recommendations on employee engagement survey data to create actionable insights;
- Review exit survey feedback and identify themes and action items;
- Oversee new hire activities, including scheduling, facilitating, and ensuring the content is up to date;
- Attend department meetings as needed;
- Lead, manage, and supervise one or two Human Resources team members, providing constructive feedback and guidance on performance;
- Lead or support special projects related to HR activities.
- 9 years relevant experience OR Bachelor's Degree +4 years relevant experience OR Master's Degree +2 years relevant experience;
- Experience as a Human Resources Business Partner for two or more organizations;
- Proven experience with HR or performance management systems, Lattice preferred;
- Proven knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, particularly as they apply to new hires, terminations, recruiting, and records keeping;
- Proven ability to generate basic qualitative and quantitative reports;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work at a fast pace;
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information;
- Proven attention to detail;
- Ability to work to collaborate across cross-functional teams and projects;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Knowledge of Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Location: Remote in the US. Rescue is a remote work friendly employer. With limited exceptions, remote work is allowed on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Careers@RescueAgency.com if you have any questions.
Pay Range: $75,000 - $85,000 per year
Benefits: Learn more about the benefits of working at Rescue through the Benefits and Perks section on our careers page: http://rescueagency.com/careers/. Benefits include generous health plans for medical and mental health services, dental, and vision; paid time off; life and short-term disability insurance, and 401(k) with employer matching.
Travel: As needed.
If you’re ready to join our team of mission driven talent challenging the status quo, we’d love to meet you! Check out our Careers page at rescueagency.com/careers for more information about what it’s like to work at Rescue, and the benefits that we offer to our team members.
The Fine Print
All business-related environments are tobacco-free.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars.
All applications must be submitted through Rescue’s online careers system (unless you qualify to request a reasonable accommodation, as detailed at RescueAgency.com/careers). We do not accept applications via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery. Please send questions to email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: All email correspondence that you receive from Rescue Agency will be sent through an ‘@rescueagency.com’ email address. We recommend that you disregard any emails posing as authentic Rescue Agency accounts (e.g. @rescueaggency.com or firstname.lastname@example.org). If you receive a message from a Rescue employee, you can verify the legitimacy of the message by contacting us at email@example.com.
Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran