A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
The HR Manager interacts with Compass Group COEs, Field HR and Super Sector Operations to assist in the management of support and information in response to Employee Central inquiries. The HRM will proactively provide communication and training to help ensure adoption and optimization of the People Hub system. The HRM will be a conduit for continuous improvement of process and system changes over time. With the guidance and support from HRD, the HRM will also provide HR Business Partner support to assigned Regional Vice President of Operations. This position is remote from home office with occasional travel as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate all Employee Central changes, issues and resolutions to HRBPs, Field HR and sector leaders via email, Nudge and Sector specific extranet as appropriate.
- Train Employee Central users on proper utilization of all functions and provide education on how to properly access available training resources.
- Analyze recurring sector specific and subject specific issues within Employee Central to identify trends. Perform root-cause analysis and recommend possible configuration and/or procedural changes.
- Serve as liaison between HRBPs and corporate leaders within Payroll, LOA and PeopleHub teams to resolve escalated Employee Central issues.
- Assist with Employee Central account set up for new business openings and additional administrative functions as needed
- Provide white glove Employee Central support to key executives, priority accounts and new business openings
- Identify opportunities to provide additional training to Employee Central users and assist in the development of Helix Knowledge Articles
- Identify and assess potential risks and determine the most appropriate response; further education, process changes and/or technology changes
- Collaborate with Field HR, COEs and PeopleHub team to drive continuous improvement of process and system changes over time.
- Participate in system testing for new programs to identify possible issues and risks prior to launch
- Provides field and corporate support to assigned Regional Vice President and Regional Directors.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations as needed.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with Operations leadership on strategy to address turnover, retention, talent management, employee engagement, and other HR initiatives important to the success of our business.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people, quality of service, and costs.
- Demonstrate overall leadership skills; exhibit a positive can-do attitude and approach to responsibilities.
- Serve as a positive advocate for change by seeking out continuous improvement, growth, and development opportunities.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships within the organization by supporting an environment which promotes effective teamwork and collaboration.
- Identify and resolve issues to proactively achieve quality service.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1099276