WES is seeking a Global HR Business Partner that will work with leaders and employees across the operations division of the organization supporting the Chief Operating Officer and her team. This person will lead and execute key strategic HR initiatives and programs for the business. This role reports to the Chief People Officer (US based).
Salary: CAD 82K - 100K.
Location: Remote - Candidates need to be based out of British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario, and Nova Scotia or willing to relocate.
Travel Required: Quarterly to New York or Toronto Office.
Duties included but not limited to:
- Build and maintain a valued advisor relationship with our leaders and deliver HR solutions that effectively address business issues and needs.
- Provide strategic guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, promotions, lateral transfers, and re-leveling.
- Build strong relationships with employees and leaders across the organization
- Leverage workforce analytics to identify trends, analyze issues and develop solutions.
- Proactively assess development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Collaborate with and leverage the people team and cross-functional teams to ensure business unit’s organizational needs are met; provide insight and input to help inform the approach, priority focus and strategies.
- Consult on change efforts, ensuring change management utilization, and prioritize/develop organizational effectiveness interventions.
- Act as a culture champion promoting company values and a DEI&B lens to guide decision-making and drive thoughtful and effective priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Mentor and coach leaders within the client group
- Enhance communication with employees through company-wide channels to build trust and enhance transparency.
- Collaborate with the people team driving aligned programs and initiatives (i.e. employee engagement, training and development, organizational development/design and any related change management strategies and initiatives)
- Partner with the talent acquisition team to ensure that capacity planning needs are properly communicated and prioritized.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process, advising on best practices and supporting leaders in setting up for success.
- Support the implementation of programs and processes with business unit, including (but not limited to) performance management, compensation, benefits and open enrollment, engagement, learning and development programs:
- Support and drive the performance management process for the business unit, ensuring successful participation and delivery.
- Work with leaders during the compensation and promotion processes to ensure pay equity, transparency and effectiveness.
- Determine development needs and partner with L&D Manager to execute trainings.
- Monitor the pulse of the business unit; review engagement survey analytics and make appropriate recommendations.
- Provide guidance to managers and partners on performance management, productivity, dispute resolution, disciplinary action, including PIPs, regulatory compliance, problem solving and litigation avoidance
- Ensure compliance with company regulations and manage ER activities when they arise.
- Ensure successful execution of company policies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive HR solutions and programs.
- Provide Mentorship for and develop the HR Generalist.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Strong relationship building skills with ability to influence and communicate effectively across all levels of an organization.
- Experience of working as a strategic partner to business leaders, taking a whole system view of the challenges, opportunities and needs of a business.
- Ability to monitor pulse of a multi-group large-scale department and prioritize managing multiple deliverables and needs.
- Outstanding people skills – high degree of empathy and the ability to build trusting with business stakeholders and internal employees.
- Experience working with all levels of an organization, including executive level leadership.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or other related field, or the equivalent in professional HR experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of related HR experience with 1-2 years as a business partner or HR manager with strong proactive consulting capability and work experience.
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including immigration, employee relations, recruitment, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws, compensation practices, benefits administration, organizational diagnosis, and diversity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook and HCM Systems (UKG a plus).
AODA Statement: WES values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities.