Human Resources Assistant/RecruiterFull-Time Days*** $40,000/yr to $45,000/yr Based on Experience ***Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Paid Time OffLocation:
Judson Park - Cleveland, OHStatus:
Full-Time - 40 hours per weekShift:
Days (8:30am - 5:00pm)What will I do in this role with Judson?
As our Human Resources Assistant/Recruiter
, you will provide clerical support for the Human Resources Department. Responsible for all front-desk/reception area operations, provides customer service to job seekers and current/former associates, assists with processing of new hires, maintains personnel/medical records, and data entry. Exposure to entry-level HR functions such as recruitment, benefits administration, and employee relations. Helps ensure compliance with Judson policies and procedures, employment laws, as well as rules and regulations set forth by any applicable regulatory or accreditation body. Performs other routine HR related tasks. Conducts all organizational business and practices in accordance with Judson Retirement Community policies.
As a Human Resources Assistant/Recruiter
, supporting the Judson mission will include the following responsibilities:
What do I need for this role with Judson?
- Clerical Support
- Maintain excellent level of customer service while answering phones, directing calls, greeting visitors.
- Answer basic questions related to various personnel matters (i.e., employment, benefits, leaves/FMLA, and payroll).
- Help interpret Associate Handbook, Benefit Guidebooks, and union contract; escalate issues accordingly.
- File documents and maintain records (personnel, medical, etc.); involved in Form I-9 compliance and file audits.
- Handle mail (send, receive, and route interoffice, U.S. Mail, etc.); ensure documents are date stamped and processed.
- Process verification of employment requests; use personnel files and electronic records to confirm information.
- Prepare and issue timely reminders related to time off accruals (i.e., PTO, sick); review and process forms submitted.
- Maintain office supplies, order and make associate name badges; may assist with uniform allowance/ordering.
- Copy documents, maintain supply of frequently used forms, and prepare/distribute packets and other handouts.
- Help maintain organization of the HR office, promoting effective workflow and a positive department image.
- Recruitment & New Hire Processing
- Assist in the recruitment of applicants.
- Instruct job seekers on application processes; may assist with pre-screens, applicant tracking and updates.
- Meet with prospective associates to explain, collect and process new hire paperwork.
- Obtain and process fingerprints for criminal background checks, use online systems to perform other checks.
- Help coordinate and explain pre-employment tests (i.e., physical, drug screen, TB tests, etc.).
- Track new hire status and relay updates to others; may assist with New Hire Orientations sessions.
- Process personnel actions in the HRIS and use other electronic systems for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Other Related Duties
- Participate in HR departmental meetings. Assist with special projects such as job fairs, benefits open enrollment, employee engagement, health & wellness and other initiatives. Monitor bulletin boards throughout facilities to help ensure appropriateness of materials postings.
- Maintain business acumen, awareness of current issues and concerns and timely informs others as needed.
- Human Resources is a department that needs to maintain professionalism at all times this includes attendance, appearance, and confidentiality. Observe all company rules, safety procedures, and established SOPs.
- Other duties as assigned.
What makes Judson an employer of choice?
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- At least 2 years of related experience in a professional office setting required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, etc. required.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, organizational skills and a strong customer service orientation required.
- Some basic knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws and/or ability to learn and apply knowledge into skills exhibited during the normal course of business required.
- Exposure to, solid understanding of, and/or proven ability to maintain confidential information required.
- Prior HR/recruitment experience preferred.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a closely related field preferred.
- HRIS familiarity (i.e., ADP) preferred.
with Judson means you will be connected, inspired and engaged to make a difference in the lives of others every day! Judson is a place where you have opportunities to grow
and be recognized
for the meaningful work you do in a positive, inclusive environment.
We offer COMPETITIVE
benefits based on your employment status, including:
How is Judson unique?
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending Accounts (Benefits vary for Full-Time & Part-Time employees)
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Career Development
- Campus Perks, including the use of Judson's Wellness & Pool Facilities, Discounted On-Campus Meals, and Free Parking
- Accruing Paid Time Off
- Prorated Paid Time Off for Holidays
- Judson is a not-for-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) offering independent living, assisted living, memory support services, short-term rehabilitative and long-term skilled nursing care, home care, hospice, community memberships, and outreach initiatives.
- Our employees are committed to our Core Values: Respectfulness, Empowerment, Communication, Integrity, Teamwork and Excellence.
- Three stunning campuses and over 110 years of experience serving Northeast Ohio with compassion, excellence and innovation has solidified our stellar reputation for making a difference in the lives of others every day!
Judson Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer and follows a practice of affirmative action in promoting equal employment opportunity. Judson Retirement Community does not discriminate on actions involving recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment and promotion.