Are you a personable, detail-oriented people professional? Are you looking for a flexible opportunity to demonstrate your considerable skills? Are you interested in gaining valuable knowledge and experience?
Joel Bennett Consulting is hiring a “Human Resources Generalist + Remote Work Wizard” to support our clients’ growing needs in the areas of payroll, recruiting, and administrative support.
The “HR Generalist + Remote Work Wizard" will develop and administer human resource initiatives and provide HR support to our clients. This part-time, hourly role will support the needs of our clients by providing payroll and benefits support and provide generalized Human Resources support.
At Joel Bennett Consulting, we work with both the tough stuff and the routine: Employees and organizations in the process of transition and change. We provide professional stability in some of life’s most challenging moments. We work in partnership to create environments where everyone can be the best version of themselves!
What You’ll Do:
- Payroll + Benefits
- Conduct bi-weekly payroll in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare reports related to payroll and benefits.
- Work in partnership to develop job postings and recruitment strategies for various positions.
- Move candidates through the process from initial resume review through offer.
- Review, pre-screen, and interview candidates to determine match of skills, experience, and knowledge in relation to position requirements.
- Administer and process benefit changes in various HRIS systems.
- General Human Resources Support, responsive to client requests in a reasonable timeframe.
- Be a strong advocate of Client Culture and Employment Brand as we work with and represent our clients.
What You’ll Know:
- Intermediate knowledge of Payroll/HRIS Systems.
- Accountability and employee evaluation expert.
- Expert hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Google Docs.
- You know what you don’t know and are not afraid to ask questions.
- You have experience recruiting and interviewing. Specifically: Experience developing job postings, conducting phone and video interviews, and managing various ATS.
- You are a Remote Work WIZARD! You are comfortable engaging with employees in a virtual setting, engaging and supporting their hopes, dreams, and career aspirations.
This is You:
- Gain immense satisfaction from a job done right.
- Enjoy solving problems.
- Are the kind of person who reads the instructions.
- Take ownership of tasks and follow-up until the work is completed.
- Ability to multi-task while being very organized.
- Understand that private things are private. We work with a tremendous amount of personal and confidential information and discretion is the coin of the realm.
- Operate with the highest ethical standards.
- Outstanding communicator: both verbally and in writing.
Other Skills and Experience:
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification preferred.
We show up every day for our clients, team members, and partners. We show up for each other. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, client focus, and ongoing growth.
Also, free coffee. You’ll get free coffee every week. (Seriously!)
- Anticipated 24 hours/week.
- Cell phone stipend.
- Virtual work environment. Client is located in the Chicagoland area.
- Flexible work schedule (nights, weekends, off-hours, etc. is great!), but must commit to regular schedule. A portion of the time must be during 9-5 M-F to facilitate new employee onboarding and recruitment.
About Joel Bennett Consulting
Joel Bennett Consulting provides turnkey HR support as well as process improvement, change management, and capability-driven growth programs. We partner with smaller organizations and teams. Our sweet spot is groups that are undergrowing transitions or have reached junctures of critical growth. By actively listening and approaching our clients as true partners, we strive to provide outstanding service, support, and advice.