Working as a part of the Crocs’ Ohio Distribution Center (OHDC) Leadership Team, the Sr. Manager Human Resources drives proactive people practices and programs that create and sustain an employee-oriented, high-performance, inclusive and engaging culture, with an emphasis on safety, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, as well as the recruitment, retention and ongoing development of an outstanding workforce. This role also manages a team of HR professionals who responsible for the management and administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs.
In this role you will be responsible for all or part of the following areas: performance management; organization development; talent and succession planning processes; employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting; employee orientation, development, and training; onboarding; employee relations; employee communications; benefit inquiries; employee services and counseling.
The Sr. Manager, Human Resources will be responsible for providing oversight for multiple locations and travel between locations will be required.
- Be a trusted advisor to leaders and can pivot between strategy and tactical execution seamlessly.
- Establish effective partnerships and communication with the business partners to ensure HR programs & processes are delivered and implemented consistently throughout the group.
- Manage the implementation of HR initiatives and provide support to the group to positively drive organizational change.
- Partner with the recruiting, compensation, and benefits teams to ensure the business can attract, motivate, develop and retain great talent through effective resourcing, training & development, performance management and reward strategies.
- Serve as a business partner with the on-site management team to effectively manage the HR function while maintaining compliance with industry regulatory agencies and company programs.
- Provide coaching to managers and employees to build capabilities aligned to the business needs.
- Administer Training, Employee Relations, Safety, Compliance, Benefits, Employee Retention, and Compensation programs at the local level and implement corporate-wide, strategic Human Resources initiatives.
- Build commitment amongst leadership towards the performance management program and develops/executes performance solutions in alignment with organizational values
- Identify opportunities for ways of working, policies, procedures, and programs to develop long term strategies regarding employee engagement and retention.
- Provide a comprehensive and professional HR service to all DC employees. Ensure that objective, consistent and up-to-date advice is given, and that best practice is maintained at all times. Promote and manage HR policies and practices proactively with managers.
- Identify opportunities for ways of working, policies, procedures, and programs to develop long-term strategies regarding employee engagement and retention.
- Oversee the recording and maintenance of employee information, such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, disciplinary actions, and terminations/separations of employment.
- Maintain records of employee transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Establish and monitor effective health and safety programs and administer worker’s compensation program including the preparation and submission of claims (may also aid in accident investigation, as needed).
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations and coordinate legal issues with local attorneys.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 8 years working in HR role, at least 4 years working in HR Generalist role preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant industry experience, SHRM certification preferred
- Experience in various other functions of HR including but not limited to: Policy Management, Employee Relations, Recruiting, Compensation, Performance Management and Legal/Compliance is a plus
- Proven track record as a strong business partner
- Sound judgement and decision making.
- Strong knowledge of employment law, compliance and policy development and implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate at all levels of organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and training sessions
- Demonstrated sensitivity to confidential materials/issues
Crocs Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.