As a recognized leader in the specialty construction industry, Structural Group, Inc. delivers turnkey solutions that integrate technology, engineering, and construction. We provide specialty contracting services through our construction companies, STRUCTURAL and PULLMAN, and state-of-the-art proprietary products and engineering support services through STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES. With member companies dating back to 1902, Structural Group, Inc. is firmly committed to its ongoing mission of making new and existing structures stronger and last longer.
Structural Group creates highly engineered solutions that sustain and enhance infrastructure across a broad range of end user markets. We serve owners and managers of infrastructure, as well as designers, engineers, and general contractors, across the U.S. and in selected international markets.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Human Resources Business Partner
to join our Corporate team. As an HR Business Partner, you will partner strategically with leadership and employees to support business initiatives that foster employee engagement, development, performance, and improves the employee experience. You will develop partnerships across the company to deliver value added services that reflect the business objectives of the company. You will be part of a dynamic and supportive team of HR professionals who work collaboratively to meet the demanding needs of a growing company.
What you will do:
- Partner with leaders to ensure HR practices are compliant in the states in which we operate.
- Collaborate with leaders and HR team to design, implement, revise processes (i.e. onboarding, employee changes, performance reviews).
- Manage and guide resolution on a variety of complex employee relations matters including disciplinary actions and investigations.
- Partner with leaders to complete periodic and annual performance reviews and work with leaders to create and implement development plans for low performers, high performers, and critical roles.
- Partner with business leaders and HR peers to identify growth opportunities for high potentials.
- Deliver various training workshops to employee groups
- Collaborate with HR leadership and legal counsel as needed to address legal, complex, or highly sensitive issues. Assist with EEOC investigations.
- Review and recommend compensation for employees to ensure internal equity and external market competitiveness.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning
- Advocate for our company culture and ensure culture is central in the choices we make, and the advice HR provides to the company
What you'll need to succeed in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years of HR Business Partner experience
- Experience working in a decentralized environment with multiple office sites
- Strong interpersonal, communication, problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Strong ability to take initiative and work independently
- Meticulous attention to details
- Strong ability to adapt to change and manage competing demands
- Ability to gain the trust and respect of business leaders and managers. Must, therefore, be an approachable and engaging individual that employees are comfortable forwarding concerns to and seeking advice from.
- Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions.
- Excellent coaching and relationship building skills.
- Proven ability to acquire a thorough understanding of an organization's structure, positions, qualifications and compensation practices
- Strong working knowledge of applicable employment laws and regulations
- Candidates with a SHRM-CP, PHR or SPHR certification may be given preference
- Proven ability to work remotely with a self-motivated mindset
- Experience working in a construction environment a plus
- This position requires approximately 30-35% travel to support internal customer groups across the United States (Baltimore, California, Utah, Arizona & Colorado).
If you are an innovative and decisive individual who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment then we want to hear from you. We are looking for someone who has the ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable; encourage and mentor others; be approachable, be empathetic and outgoing; quickly gain trust and respect; and establish and maintain relationships.
Structural Group, Inc. is proud of a company culture that promotes 24/7 safety and quality. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid holidays & vacation, tuition reimbursement, career development and growth opportunities, and a caring work environment.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/D/V