MV Transportation is seeking a regional Human Resources Director
to lead the HR function in our Northern California region. Candidate will have oversight of HR functions including employee relations, employee engagement, turnover/retention, disciplinary matters, providing policy interpretation, etc. Candidate will work directly with regional and corporate leaders to ensure that HR-related policies are adhered to and properly executed. Duties include:
- Provide day-to-day guidance to field management on matters related to employee coaching, counseling, and disciplinary matters.
- Provide guidance related to HR policies, procedures, and Federal/State/local laws.
- Collaborate with regional management to create KPI's for their teams, establish performance metrics, and assist with the documentation of performance issues.
- Review and approve all involuntary terminations within the region.
- Conduct ER investigations into employee concerns.
- Oversee ADA interactive discussions.
- Assist managers with the development and implementation of engagement plans and employee retention initiatives.
- Analyze and provide guidance on people metrics (turnover, retention, engagement, etc.) to identify opportunities for improvement within the region.
- Partner with in-house counsel as needed on HR-related issues
- Acts as a change agent supporting MV culture and values by assisting with initiatives tied to new technology, programs, policies, etc.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive HR experience.
- Bachelor's degree in HR Management or related field preferred, SPHR or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulatory HR guidelines (Federal and California).
- Proficiency in MS-Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Teams).
- Experience with unionized worksites heavily preferred, but not required.
Position will primarily be home-based with travel as needed within the region.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.